the night circus – uk edition

July 30th, 2011 by erin

Yesterday I got home after a very long day to find a finished copy of Harvill Secker’s UK edition of The Night Circus waiting for me.

Photos will not even begin to do it justice, but I figured I’d give it a try. Look, black-edged pages!

There’s a clock beneath the jacket, set to midnight for the first edition. The time will be changed for subsequent editions.

The endpapers have glorious rows of bowlers and top hats!

And the kittens disappearing around the edges just make me happy.

Tags:

20 Responses to “the night circus – uk edition”

1. Melanie says:

Clearly designed by someone who was carried away by your novel, and infused that into the design. Gorgeous work!

2. carey says:

so beautiful!

3. felinity says:

So gorgeous! Can we pre-order it?

4. Jennifer says:

Wow, that’s gorgeous. Now plotting how I can get my hands on it!

5. James Hughes says:

When I first saw the designs, I had assumed that Erin herself had been heavily involved in the process because the artwork is akin to the magnificent The Phantomwise Tarot cards.

Upon seeing this stunning Harvill Secker edition, it actually makes me feel lucky to be living here in the UK. Hopefully the midnight edition can one day be on my shelf.

6. Nicole says:

Hi Erin,

Just finished your book. Blew me away! Congratulations.

I’m featuring in my group, Shelfari’s 50 Book Challenge and I’d like to post the complete tour schedule. Is that posted somewhere? I can’t seem to find it.

If you could point me in the right direction, I’d appreciate it. Thanks and congrats again. Your success is well deserved.

7. Nicole says:

oh p.s. Will the US hardcover have the clock underneath as well? If not, I might order a copy from Amazon UK.

• erin says:

And no clock on the US version, it’s part of the UK design only. Totally worth having copies of both, though!

• Just finished the Night Circus and am still wandering through it’s tents in my mind. I LOVE the design of the UK edition, How could I get a 1st edition of it and have you sign it?? You have truly inspired me and my imagination. Thank you!!!!!

8. Petra says:

What a gorgeous book! Loving how the pages look black when it’s closed and the colour combination all together. Congratulations :-)

9. Sinny says:

Positively beautiful. I want to buy both, the US and UK editions, is that too much? I love both covers, eee.

10. Kari says:

Even though I have it pre-ordered on my Kindle, I definitely want the UK hardcover version. Super gorgeous!

11. Alwyn says:

So so so excited for this book! It is gorgeous and sounds wonderful! Bring on Sept 13th!

12. James Hughes says:

I now own this copy (begging really does work) and it is the best first edition of any book I have ever seen. Stunning artwork.

13. Hi Erin,
    This is the most fabulously beautiful book ever!!! I happened upon a copy at the ALA conference and read it and fell in love! It was such a sensory treat! And SO unique! When I found out that you are coming to our great little town of Fairhope, AL in October I jumped for joy! I am the teen librarian at the Fairhope Public Library and we are looking forward to the fun that we will have that weekend helping put on your events! I have some creative kids that are already fantasizing about their outfits!

How do we get copies of this wonderful UK edition!? I simply must have a copy, more than I have ever wanted a book in my life!

Thanks for this treasure! And JIM DALE! It will be AMAZING! *swoon*

14. Lincoln says:

I had to order this. Too beautiful.

15. Shannon says:

Omg! looks so pretty! Is this a stand alone or will it be part of a series??
    Also, is it standard for the Uk edition to have the black pages? Or do some have plain white pages??

:-D

16. What a gorgeous book! The novel is wonderful, of course, and this package is so impressive … I loved the details of the clock on the cover (time-stamped to the edition), the black/white (with a splash of red) end pages.

Wow … I’m looking forward to holding the US version of THE NIGHT CIRCUS in my hands.

17. Mary says:

What a gorgeous book and what fine photos you ended up with! I’m here because dovegreyreader stole your photo – I’m so glad she did. I’ll be back.