five easy steps
Fantastical Expeditions in Five (Comparatively) Easy Steps
1. Draw a ship. It is wise to add sails or oars for ease of travel.
2. Pack for your journey. Be sure to bring extra shoes, a towel, a lucky penny, and a journal to record your adventures.
3. Believe your ship is real.*
4. Climb aboard, very carefully.
5. Politely tell the ship to go wherever it wants to go.
*This is the most difficult step. Practice is recommended.
About flax-golden tales. Photo by Carey Farrell. Text by Erin Morgenstern.