gallery show

March 6th, 2012 by erin

I am in NYC this week, so in lieu of proper posting while I am running around, I thought I’d prepare a mini virtual gallery show, as there isn’t much of my artwork around online anymore. This is a selection of pieces from the last few years, I hope you enjoy it.

(I recommend looking at this post while sipping wine and nodding sagely and shush-ing any nearby loud-talkers for a proper virtual gallery experience.)

music for the apocalypse part II: nocturnes #2

mixed media, 2011

wonderland at night: sweet dreams for the mentally unbalanced

acrylic & charcoal, 2006

postcards from the gods: persephone

embellished photograph on board, 2008

rapunzel

acrylic, 2009

lost things: dreams & buttons

mixed media, 2008

rainy day lovebirds

acrylic, ink & colored pencil, 2006

Tags: ,

24 Responses to “gallery show”

1. Marcheline says:

Love the one with the buttons.

2. Paul says:

It’s lovely to see all of these again, but I do especially love the rainy day lovebirds. In fact, I have a print of it! Happy thought.

I don’t have anyone here that I can shush, but I’m sipping wine; I hope that counts!

3. Dream Pedlar says:

These are beautiful Erin! Rapunzel is exquisite!!!

4. Mandy says:

I love your artwork. I occasionally browse through your sold orders on Etsy just because I like looking at your stuff :P My favorite is “The Moon” from your Tarot series :)

5. Veronica says:

I love the Rapunzel because it looks like it belongs with your Tarot set, with the addition of the red bird…which makes it perfectly Night Circus as well. And I’m drinking Crispin cider, so good!

6. Brittney says:

Wow! You are so talented! I really love your artwork it’s pretty amazing! Thank you! (thats a lot of “!” but it was necessary)

7. The mixed media (music for the apocalypse) looks like you used encaustic? Did you? Very nice pieces. I love your novel. One of the best I’ve read all year.

• erin says:

Nope, that one’s all acrylic, just layered very thickly. I’d love to try encaustic painting, I haven’t yet.

(Also, thank you! So glad you enjoyed the book.)

8. briannne says:

self proclaimed bird nerd, so of course I love rainy day birds and rapunzel. all your work is lovely. you are so talented!

9. Vera Soroka says:

I love these pieces! You should post more. I love looking at art.

10. Carley says:

These are beautiful. I love “Music for the Apocolypse,” “Wonderland at Night” and “Rainy day lovebirds.” The magical essence that runs throughout The Night Circus is evident here – wonderful! Thanks for posting them up and sharing with us all :-)

11. Jen says:

I love all of your pieces. The first two are my favorite though. I wish I had them hanging on my wall.

12. carey says:

like paul, i love seeing all of these again! (but of course, my rainy day lovebirds print is on prominent display in my living room and has been since my wedding…)

13. Jim Keyerleber says:

Any for sale Erin?

14. Toni says:

Hi Erin,

Love love love your work! You are truly gifted! I would love to get a copy of Rapunzel…would that be possible?

Thanks,

Toni

• erin says:

Thank you! I’m not selling artwork or prints at the moment and I don’t have prints of Rapunzel at all as she’s an odd size.

• Toni says:

Hi again!

If you ever decided to paint Rapunzel again let me know. I would love to have her for my daughter…just putting it out there.

Thank you so much for everything you do.

Toni

15. Brittany says:

So beautiful! The Music for the Apocalypse series is my favorite from way back, and this is my favorite of those! I’m still so delighted to find out that it was you who did those pieces… I hope someday you’ll offer prints of them again!

16. Victoria Thornley says:

Hello,

These are lovely and I absolutely adore the Cheshire Cat one. Is it available for purchase at all?

Best Wishes.

Vic

• erin says:

Thank you, the Cheshire Cat was sold several years ago. I can do prints of that piece but I’m not selling artwork at the moment, perhaps at some point in the future.

17. megan says:

What a lovely idea (that I hope you repeat)! I’m looking forward to displaying some of your stuff more prominently when I get things ready to move; they deserve a spotlight (and wine, obviously).