not really here.

January 10th, 2012 by erin

I’m still on hiatus! Really! But I’m doing some blog housecleaning and I had things to share so you get a mini-post. Figures I post more than normal when I’m on hiatus.

Firstly, Kyle Cassidy is a splendid photographer and once upon a time he caused me to buy a fountain pen that was used to compose parts of the circus and because of that serendipitous pen incident you can now click this link and see a photo of his adorable cat Roswell wearing an adorably tiny bow tie and sitting with the book-shaped book, because pens are magic. (Also if you would like to write flash fanfic about said adorable cat you could can win an autographed copy.)

In other news, this is the best thing ever:

And then upon rewatching I spotted The Night Circus which delights me to no end. My book has way too much fun in Canada.

Tags: , ,

11 Responses to “not really here.”

1. Taylor Lynn says:

Agreed – that video is simply amazing!! I may have to repost it on my own blog. So epic. <3

And you're also right about that cat; it might be one of the cutest kitties in existence. ;-)

Plus, I clicked on your other link and saw your fountain pen and I'm now quite jealous. Maybe I should take a peek at Etsy's selection of vintage fountain pens myself…

By the way, I got THE NIGHT CIRCUS for Christmas. It was the first book I read in 2012, and if GoodReads.com had six stars that's what I would have rated it. It was incredible!! I actually blogged about its sheer awesomeness:

Such a good book – you're an amazingly talented author!

But anywho, I think I'm done with my rambling comment now. ;-)

2. Paul says:

That’s brilliant!

Your book is having fun in Cambridge, too! It’s been sitting in the window of one of our big bookshops, looking out at the passers-by, and drawing them inside….

3. Another Erin M. says:

I work part-time in a bookstore (in Canada where your book really is having a blast) so just adore that video. The owner and I used to talk about how we would leave things “just so” at closing time and then open to find little things out of place. Now we know why!

Hope you don’t mind if I share it? It’s simply to amazing not to show other bookworms.

4. anne says:

erin you’re a truly remarkable young woman and this oldster applauds you! blessed be

5. Deschy says:

I’m not sure if this is the proper place to put this, but I shall go for it anyway :)

I have literally just finished your book, not more than 5 minutes ago. And I absolutely love it. Also, however ridiculous this may sound, I want to thank you for writing it. :) I hope you continue in your writing career and I’ll be eagerly awaiting your next book. :)

A reveur for life,
    Deschy

6. Lucy "Sara" says:

Hey I’m interested in auditioning for Poppet, if I could know when they are and where I’d help!! Thanks

7. Loon says:

I just finished reading the The Night Circus this morning, I must say, its one of the most beautiful books I have read in a long time. I now own 2 of them because I can’t bear to have friends borrow it and not have it returned ! Haha.. It’s going onto my shelf of favourites!! Thank you for the beautiful stories!

8. Hannah says:

Ok here’s a little story: I am a girl, from England, I was in Canada, in that very bookshop featured in the video when I first came across The Night Circus. When I returned home to England I bought your book and started to read. As soon as I read about the tents and setting of the circus I thought “this really reminds me of something the theatre company Punchdrunk would do”. I just finished reading your book this morning, then I read the acknowledgments and guess who’s mentioned….Punchdrunck! They need to make your book into one of their theatrical experiences, it would be fantastic!

9. Diane P says:

Erin, I just got Night Circus (I know, fashionably late to the party!) and can’t put it down!
    So, of course, I had to “google” you to see what else you’re up to…
    Books and cats, Tarot cards and fountain pens, too!?
    ~sigh~ I am not surprised, we are kindred spirits!
    Congrats on your new collection… fountain pens are addicting (and ink, and paper, and journals, and…) much like tarot decks!
    if you haven’t already, you might want to visit the Fountain Pen Network forum… but fair warning, they have a “sell/trade” section!

Can’t wait for your next book and/or for Phantomwise 78 to be published… in the mean time, I’ll probably be stopping by here a lot!

Thank you for all you create…and share!

Oh, and… love the video too!
    ~d.