For spring, which has sprung, a random list of artsy things I would like to do/try/attempt someday, when time and space and money and such fickle things align properly:
- Re-finish and creatively paint furniture, in muted technicolor funky-but-classy patterns. You know, when I have the room to strip and store furniture.
- Art dolls, quirky creepy pseudo-Victorian porcelain nightmares in lace. This will likely require improving my sewing skills.
- Documentary film. I don’t know what subject, maybe something will come to me eventually. But I like documentaries, and have an odd desire to make one myself.
- Encaustic painting. Painting with hot wax! C’mon, that’s awesome. Expensive and messy, but awesome.
- Some sort of collaborative photo-based project to be star odyssey 2.0. No idea how to fix what went wrong with 1.0 yet, though, so will require pondering.
- Zen garden, with koi pond and fountain and meditating Buddha statues. Need a yard first.
- Another tarot deck, perhaps in a minimalist pencil sketch sort of style.
And I have a long-harbored desire to make an installation sculpture consisting of a skull stuffed with teabags and a top hat, entitled Requiem for the Mad Hatter.
Steph · April 29, 2009 at 4:25 pm
Refinishing furniture, count me in! 🙂
And that installation sculpture sounds awesomely creepy!
Comments are closed.